COVID-19 and the Chu Crew's Reopening Strategy
Dear Chu Crew Orthodontic Family,
Greetings parents and patients. I have looked forward to writing this note to tell you that our office will be reopening in a tiered format, with most appointments starting June 1st. We are excited to welcome you.
These last ten weeks have been an unprecedented test of endurance, resilience, and sacrifice for every household. As your family committed to “shelter in place”, my staff and I thank you for making our families safer through your action. And likewise, the Chu Crew Orthodontic Team families made the same commitment to your family and our community.
During our downtime at Chu Crew Orthodontics, we’ve never worked so hard. We’ve participated in educational webinars, collaborated with colleagues, and launched renovations. We’ve altered our clinic and reception area, and expanded our PPE inventory. We’ve participated in training by experts in Infection Control, CDC Guidelines, Universal Precautions and Social Distancing.
I initiated these projects to protect you and your family as well as my employees. As you see these changes and experience new protocols/guidelines, I want you to rest assured that we have your family’s safety and well-being foremost in mind. I thank you in advance for your patience with re-scheduling missed appointments, limiting one family member in the reception area, restricting entry to the clinic for non-patients as well as other measures mandated by the American Dental Association and the Center for Disease Control.
You will also appreciate that my staff and I are now able to offer certain teledentistry services by way of virtual appointments. If you choose to participate, this will allow us to offer virtual appointments such as a preliminary exam/consultation, review progress with aligners, retainer checks, evaluate growth and tooth eruption on young observation patients, or assess appliance breakage – all from the convenience of your home without driving to our office.
As we continue our readiness preparation, we have other projects in the wings. They won’t delay our opening. In the meantime, our team will call you to reschedule your appointment. We will post our re-opening date as soon as confirmed.
Your confidence and trust are greatly appreciated.
Dr. Chu and the Chu Crew
It’s A New Normal
What to Do Before you arrive
- Brush your teeth at home. Our tooth brushing station is currently closed to reduce the transfer of bacteria or viruses.
- Wear a face covering to your appointment
- Do not drink anything hot or cold before you arrive. We will be checking your temperature with a forehead scanner to determine if you have a fever of 100.4 or greater. If you feel ill or have a temperature, we will reschedule your appointment.
- Call our office at 262-884-0255 and let us know that you have arrived. Stay in your car. Let us know where you are parked and the color of your car.
- We will record your mobile number and call you when we are ready for you or your child's appointment.
- One of our assistants will come to the car and ask you to sign a Release to Treat form. Patient must wear a mask/bandana into the office.
- We will escort you or your child to the Entry Triage Station where we will record patient temperature and provide hand sanitizer. Our assistant will direct patient to the tooth brushing station to rinse with Peroxyl or Listerine anti-bacterial mouthwash.
- We ask that the patient proceed to the clinic unaccompanied by family members except under special circumstances.
** Note: We ask that parent remain in the car to minimize the number of people in the office. This will assist us in meeting our social distancing and infection control requirements. We’ve always loved inviting parents into the clinic, however parents cannot enter the clinic until further restrictions are lifted.
Dismissal from Appointment
- After the scheduled procedure is performed, our orthodontic assistant will escort the patient to the front desk where they will make the next appointment. Upon receipt, we will ask you to call the office if the time chosen is not convenient. Please share your appointment time preference with your child so we can serve you with the correct appointment.
- Our orthodontic assistant will share information about today's appointment with the parent or accompanying guardian outside at the vehicle.